12 oz of fresh cauliflower
1/2 cup of minced onion
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of almonds
1/2 cup of real bacon bits
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning (basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
1/4 tsp of garlic
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred cauliflower & onion in a food processor
- Sweat in a sautee pan for about 5 minutes. You're not going for brown, but cooking out some of the cauliflower taste and any extra moisture.
- While your cauliflower mixture is cooking...Turn your blitz almonds to dust. (I used shredded almonds to begin with, but whole will also work) I use my magic bullet. This is what it should look like:
- In a bowl add cauliflower mixture, almonds, eggs, cheese, bacon and seasoning. Mix well
- Spoon mixture evenly into a oiled muffin pan:
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. They should look like this when they are done:
- This is a close-up of the width when cooked too.